FLEX-LOK AL® concealed fix, standing seam system is a roofing system with an innovative architectural appearance. Its flexible design combines with 5251 H38 Marine grade aluminium to provide outstanding watertightness, durability and stunning aesthetics. FLEX-LOK AL® accommodates the most complex roof configurations including curved surfaces allowing smooth transitions between roof planes and between the roof and other building elements. A variety of end panels and ridge covers cap off the most complex roof design. The unique tapering can be done from our standard 400mm profile and reduce to 220mm. On special designs we can expand this to create a 600mm cover width sheet that will taper down to 220mm. This allows curved buildings to be accommodated with ease.
The benefits of FLEX-LOK AL® include
• A concealed fixing system that requires no piercing fasteners and helps provide watertightness and superior resistance to wind uplift and harsh corrosive environments.
• It is available in tapered and curved shapes to meet the most challenging design conditions providing unparalleled design freedom.
• The ability to rollform on-site to allow for long continuous roof lines eliminating concerns regarding transportability of sheet lengths.
• Innovative clip system provides superior resistance to wind uplift whilst readily allowing for thermal expansion of long roof runs.
• Wide pans with distinctive ribs not only provide for a dynamic aesthetic but allow for roof pitches as low as 1.5 degrees with excellent water carrying capacity.
- Galvanic corrosion may occur when aluminium, in the presence of water, is placed in contact with metals other than alloys of aluminium, non-magnetic stainless steel or zinc. Direct contact with zinc coated steel is not recommended in marine or industrial environments. See our Permalite Aluminium Roofing Solutions Manual for more information.
- If there are any doubts about the compatibility of other products being used, contact us.
|Thickness Range||Length Range||Pan Cross Section Area||Finishes||Tolerances|
|0.90mm, 1.2mm||850mm through to over 60 metres||26,048mm2/metre sheet width||Mill, Painted &
|Length +0mm, -15mm Width +0mm, -3mm|
All Permalite® aluminium roofing profiles are manufactured entirely from marine grade aluminium alloy 5251 or 5052 produced by Permalite® to AS/NZS 1734:1997. Alloy 5251/5052 are high strength marine grade alloys with exceptional resistance to corrosion in marine or industrial environments.
The profiles are available in three finishes:
- Mill Finish – an unpainted smooth lustrous finish which will dull relatively quickly and enhances corrosion resistance.
- Stucco Finish – stucco embossed mill finish, which reduces the specular reflectance of mill finish sheet.
- Painted Finish – a range of quality painted finishes are available. Permalite® roof and wall sheet may be supplied pre-painted on one or both sides.
Aluminium provides a superior painting base for paint systems. Before roll forming, the paint is applied to the coiled sheet by reverse roller coating and heat curing on paint lines employing the latest painting technology.
|Thickness (mm)||kg/m² Cover width (Mill finish)||kg/m Length (Mill finish)||m²/tonne (Mill finish)||Section Modulus about principal axis (x103mm3)||2nd Moment of area about principal axis (x103mm4)|
Download the Product Data Sheet for Permalite Flexlok-AL® here.
Permalite Aluminium Roofing Solutions
Download Now (4.28 MB)
Download Now (1.37 MB)
Permalite Maintenance Requirements
Download Now (24.12 KB)
Permalite Flexlok-AL® is available nationally though minimum order quantities and freight charges apply.
|Permalite® Colour||Matches Colorbond®|
|Gull Grey™||Shale Grey™|
|Slate Grey™||Woodland Grey®|
|Mill Finish – Unpainted|
|Stucco Embossed -Unpainted|
For any specific colour enquiries and lead times please contact 1300 850 389.
Please note: The Permalite® colours shown have been reproduced to represent actual product colours as accurately as possible. However, we recommend checking your chosen colour against an actual sample of the product before purchasing, as varying light conditions and limitations of the printing process affect colour tones.
Request a quote and get information on price, build and other specifications on the Permalite® Flexlok-AL® range