Permalite Alspan® is a roofing profile made from marine grade aluminium alloy. It was designed specifically to provide a wide spanning capability, to have a high water carrying capacity and to accommodate foot traffic without damage.
All of these requirements are realised in the distinctive ribs and wide pans which offer a well-defined presentation of large areas.
- Long lasting, durable, lightweight alternative to other cladding materials.
- High relectivity and low emissivity values providing improved thermal performance.
- Can be used on walls where a strong visual effect is required.
- Minimal maintenance to remain corrosion free.
- The lighter mass of aluminium can provide a substantial reduction of the cost of transport to remote locations.
- Galvanic corrosion may occur when aluminium, in the presence of water, is placed in contact with metals other than alloys of aluminium, non-magnetic stainless steel or zinc. Direct contact with zinc coated steel is not recommended in marine or industrial environments. See our Permalite Aluminium Roofing Solutions Manual for more information.
- If there are any doubts about the compatibility of other products being used, contact us.
|Thickness Range||Length Range||Pan Cross Section Area||Finishes||Tolerances|
|0.70mm, 0.90mm, 1.20mm||850mm through to 23 metres||37,500mm2/metre sheet width||Mill, Stucco, Embossed, Painted||Length +0mm, -15mm Width ±4mm|
All Permalite® aluminium roofing profiles are manufactured entirely from marine grade aluminium alloy 5251 or 5052 produced by Permalite® to AS/NZS 1734:1997. Alloy 5251/5052 are high strength marine grade alloys with exceptional resistance to corrosion in marine or industrial environments.
The profiles are available in three finishes:
- Mill Finish – an unpainted smooth lustrous finish which will dull relatively quickly and enhances corrosion resistance.
- Stucco Finish – stucco embossed mill finish, which reduces the specular reflectance of mill finish sheet.
- Painted Finish – a range of quality painted finishes are available.
Permalite® roof and wall sheet may be supplied prepainted on one or both sides.
Aluminium provides a superior painting base for paint systems. Before roll forming, the paint is applied to the coiled sheet by reverse roller coating and heat curing on paint lines employing the latest painting technology.
|Thickness (mm)||Kg/m2 Cover Width (Mill Finish)||Kg/m Length (Mill Finish)||Section Modulus x 103 mm3||Moment of Intertia x 103 mm4|
Maximum lengths for drainage.
For the complete specification on maximum Alspan® sheeting length for drainage, please refer to our Aluminium Roofing Solutions Manual.
Download the Product Data Sheet for Permalite Alspan® here.
Permalite Aluminium Roofing Solutions
Download Now (4.01 MB)
Download Now (1.37 MB)
Permalite® Aluminium Maintenance Requirements
Download Now ()
Permalite Alspan® is available nationally though minimum order quantities and freight charges apply.
|Permalite® Colour||Matches Colorbond®|
|Gull Grey™||Shale Grey™|
|Slate Grey™||Woodland Grey®|
|Mill Finish – Unpainted|
|Stucco Embossed -Unpainted|
Please note that Resiliant Red™, Eternal Blue™ and Perpetual Green® have been removed from our standard colour range. For any specific colour enquiries and lead times please contact 1300 850 389.
Please note: The Permalite® colours shown have been reproduced to represent actual product colours as accurately as possible. However, we recommend checking your chosen colour against an actual sample of the product before purchasing, as varying light conditions and limitations of the printing process affect colour tones.
Request a quote and get information on price, build and other specifications on the Permalite® Alspan range